When it comes to weeds, they are the enemy of your garden. But, what can you do to make sure that you are combating these weeds properly? There are several things that you can do to ensure that your gardens always look great.
What are 5 ways to avoid weeds in your garden
Weeds can be very difficult to control once they take over. For this reason, it is best to avoid getting weeds in your garden. Here are five tips to help you avoid weeds in your garden:
– Plant a cover plant in the winter to help discourage weeds from sprouting when you plant your garden. Wheat and corn are great for this.
– Mulch around the plants that are sprouting to help control the weeds around the individual plants.
– If you must weed out the garden, do this when it is wet because you are going to get these out with minimal effort and often get the roots with the weed when you pull.
– Water the garden plants only. Individually water these to avoid getting water throughout the garden, which can promote weed growth.
– Cover the garden bed that does not contain the plants. You are going to find that you can use cardboard or newspaper, as this will compost and add to the quality of your soil at the same time.
How do certain weeds benefit a garden?
There are times in which weeds can benefit a garden. For example, some of the weeds can increase the organic matter content of the soil as they grow and die, which can feed the garden. In other situations, weeds have been shown to help control erosion.
What is the easiest way to remove weeds?
To remove weeds, one of the easiest methods is to use a substance to kill these out. However, this can have effects on your garden. For that reason, pulling these by hand and ensuring that you get the root out is going to be the best way to remove these without affecting the rest of the garden.
What is the fastest way to pull weeds?
If you decide to pull weeds, one of the best ways to do this is to start pulling. Have a cushion for your knees and start pulling these out. After you remove these, you will find that it becomes second nature to pull a stray weed or two each time that you walk outdoors.
How to prevent weeds in planters
For those who use planters in their garden or around their homes to prevent weeds in these locations it is best to use containers that are new or have been cleaned from the previous year. Then you will want to follow this up with quality potting soil and using mulch around the flower or plant.
Looking for help with your garden and overall landscaping? Brizscape is here to help so give us a call or visit our website: Landscapers & Landscaping Brisbane Northside.
We are creating a look that is more of a lifestyle that is sure to add curb appeal and be the reason that you want to spend more time outdoors. Call us today to see how we can help.